TeleHome: Healthcare from Your Home
Horizon Health Care clinics are now using telehealth to reduce the risk of potential viral transmission between healthy and affected patients at our facility.
Currently, medical appointments can be done in person or via video conferencing. Behavioral healthcare appointments can also be done via video conferencing.
Now you can have a consultation with a clinician or the care team from the comfort of your own home. Call us at your clinic and we’ll determine what type of visit works best for you — whether that’s a TeleVideo or in-person appointment.
Effective September 1st, audio (telephone) visits will no longer be covered by most insurance companies. You may still elect to be seen via a video visit or come into the clinic for your care. Please verify which types of visits will be covered by your plan with your insurance company.
TeleVideo Health Appointments
TeleVideo is a new, convenient option for you to see your healthcare provider through your own technical device without leaving the comfort of your home.
If your health provider determines that your appointment is applicable for TeleVideo, you will receive an email from your clinic with an appointment reminder and a link to connect via video. To prepare for the TeleVideo appointment, follow a few simple steps. Contact us if you need any help!
What You Will Need for a TeleVideo Appointment:
- A working laptop, tablet or smartphone with a front camera
- A fully charged device, or access to power
- An internet connection
- Your email address
- A well-lit space so the doctor or nurse can see you
- A quiet space to reduce distractions
- Headphones that connect to your device for clear audio and to protect your privacy
How to Get Started with TeleVideo
Device Instructions to Join a TeleVideo Consult with your Healthcare Provider
- Select the Join link in your email invitation.
- Your web browser will open a webpage that will show your meeting information.
- Enter your information.
- Click Join Meeting.
Connect to audio and video:
- Choose your audio connection.
- Set your video preference to video on.
- Join the meeting by selecting Connect Audio and Video.
Mobile Phone or Tablet:
- Download the Webex Meetings app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Open the Webex Meeting invitation that was sent via email from your clinic and click ‘Join’ five minutes before your appointment.
- Enter your name and your email address.
- Tap the green phone icon to connect your audio. Pick to call in or call over the internet.
- Tap the video icon.
- Tap Start My Video.
Your provider will begin the face-to-face visit and disconnect when the appointment ends. If you need help connecting your audio or video, you will be able to message the clinical staff in the chat window.
Health Conditions for TeleVideo Services
TeleVideo is a great option for behavioral health appointments and acute care needs. Your healthcare team will determine if this is the appropriate type of healthcare visit for you.
A few exceptions will apply:
- You must be an established patient to utilize (you’ve been previously seen in our clinic)
- This type of appointment is not appropriate to address chest pains, vision changes, signs of stroke or other issues that may require immediate medical attention.