Horizon Health Care dental clinics will begin a phased reopening on Monday, May 11th. This will include ongoing care for patients with emergent or urgent dental needs, in addition to treatment for patients whose care has been postponed. All patients who need dental care are encouraged to call their local Horizon Health Care dental clinic to make an appointment.
Due to our compliance with the State of South Dakota and American Dental Association (ADA) recommendations, we have hundreds of appointments that were rescheduled for patient and staff safety. As we reopen routine dental care, we will be doing so in a safe manner, therefore our appointment openings will be limited and will be focused on patients that have already had their appointments moved.
Our office previously has and will continue to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We adhere to the recommendations put forth by these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, especially during this rapidly changing pandemic.
Horizon Health Care’s commitment to ensuring patient and employee safety will be visible during your next visit to our dental clinics.
- Patient Screening. All patients who are scheduled during this time will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and will have their temperature taken prior to their appointment. If they indicate they have any symptoms, or have a fever, they will be asked to reschedule their appointment. All patients will be asked to bring and wear a cloth face covering and to practice hand hygiene provided in the office when they arrive for their appointment.
- Limited appointments. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and to allow us to properly disinfect our office and treatment rooms. There will also be limits on types of procedures we are able to complete due to the shortage of personal protective equipment available to our staff. We want to be able to continue to provide care in our communities while keeping in mind the safety for our staff.
- Limit Visitors. Patients are strongly encouraged to come alone to their appointment to limit the number of people in the office at any one time. Minors or other patients requiring assistance will be allowed one visitor. The visitor will be screened the same as a patient.
- Employee Screening. All Horizon Health Care employees are completing a COVID-19 screening and temperature check upon entry into the clinic at the start of their work shift.
- Increased Sanitation Protocols. Although strict sterilization protocols have always been part of our dental practice, we continue to wipe down common surfaces every hour to keep our patients safe.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the
steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our dental practices. To make an appointment, please call your local Horizon dental office.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.