Horizon Health Care wants everyone to practice healthy habits to stay ahead of new COVID, cold, and flu variants to have a happy and healthy winter season.
“Every year, we’re faced with new strains of the flu and new cold and respiratory variants,” says Dr. Lance Lim, Chief Medical Officer. “With COVID now in the mix, it’s especially important to stay up to date on your COVID vaccine, flu shots, and wellness checks.”
In addition to maintaining your vaccines, shots, and checkups, Horizon offers a few other tips to weather the season.
● Wash your hands often, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
● Clean and disinfect frequently used objects and surfaces.
● Cover your cough and sneeze with tissues and discard them.
● Avoid others who are sick.
● Stay home from work or school when you’re sick.
● Wear a mask.
● And get plenty of rest.
“There are many things we can personally do to lessen the impact of cold and flu season as well as COVID,” says Dr. Lim. “Doing these simple things can help avoid a more serious illness. But you should always talk to your primary care provider if any symptoms affect you or worsen.”
As we enter the new year, Horizon encourages good judgment and healthy habits to ensure you and your family can make the most of the winter season.
For more information go to horizonhealthcare.org.