COVID-19 Precautions at Horizon Health Care
Horizon Health Care is committed to the health of our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. The following precautionary measures are currently implemented at our clinics as a result of COVID-19 until further notice:
- Patients/visitors must wear a mask at all times within the clinic.
- Walk-in appointments are no longer being accepted.
- All patients are being screened for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to being scheduled and again when being seen for an appointment.
- Once patients arrive at the clinic for an appointment, there will be a sign on the door with the clinic’s phone number – you MUST call the clinic prior to entering and a staff member will come outside to conduct screening.
- Temperatures will be taken of all patients and employees prior to entering the clinic.
- Extra visitors with patients at appointments will not be allowed, unless the patient is a minor or needs assistance. In these cases, patients will be allowed only one visitor with them and they will also go through the required screening.
- Waiting rooms and other public spaces are being disinfected frequently throughout the day. Magazines, toys, and other items have been removed from the waiting room to discourage virus transmission.
We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, and appreciate your understanding of our need to take necessary action to protect our employees and patients as much as possible. We appreciate your patience and continued trust in Horizon Health Care and our medical teams during this difficult time.
Coronavirus Symptoms & Signs
If you think you or a family member are showing symptoms for coronavirus, call before going to the clinic.
After exposure to COVID-19, symptoms may appear within 2-14 days.
List of Symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Headache or fatigue
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
About 80% of patients who have COVID-19 can be treated at home. The rate of patients who experience serious complications is only slightly higher than that of seasonal flu.
What should I do if I think I have symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19?
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms, contact your health care provider. Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home.
- Keep track of your symptoms
- If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), get emergency medical care immediately.
- People who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 will need to quarantine.
Steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 if you are sick:
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Separate yourself from other people, including family members in same household, as much as possible
- Monitor your symptoms
Resources for Protection Against Coronavirus
COVID-19 cases range from very mild, including some with no reported symptoms, to severe. Anyone who is experiencing difficulty breathing or an extremely high temperature should seek medical help immediately.
Take Precautions for Yourself, Your Family and Your Community
The CDC has provided the following reminders to help keep yourself and your family healthy.
- Avoid close contact with those that are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others
- Put distance between yourself and other people
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your inner elbow or a tissue
- Avoid touching your face — especially your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean off surfaces and objects frequently
- Develop a home kit with food, water, medication, and other necessities
- Stay home if you are sick
Call First Before Visiting a Clinic
Please call your local Horizon clinic to book an appointment in advance. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please tell us over the phone and our clinic staff will work to review your symptoms and recommend next steps.
If you have a planned appointment with Horizon Health Care and you don’t feel comfortable coming in, please call us and we will accommodate.
Find your nearest Horizon Health Care location.