COVID-19 Vaccination in South Dakota
Beginning April 5, 2021, all individuals ages 18 or older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination at Horizon Health Care.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility
If you respond “Yes” to any of the questions above, a COVID vaccine appointment should not be scheduled until you can answer “No” to all screening questions.
- Do you currently have any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID in the last 10 days and are currently in isolation?
- Have you received COVID antibody therapy in the last 90 days?
- Have you had a serious allergic reaction to a prior vaccine or other injected medicine?
- Do you have an allergy to a component of the vaccine?
- Have you received any vaccines in the last 14 days, such as a flu or tetanus shot, or do you intend to receive another vaccine in the next 14 days?
Option 2: Waitlist
If you would like to sign-up on our waitlist to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at one of our other Horizon clinics, please use the link below.
Can I get the COVID-19 vaccine if I’ve recently had the flu shot or another vaccination?
If I have received a COVID-19 antibody infusion, can I receive the vaccine?
Can I still get COVID-19 after getting the vaccine?
How long will my vaccination last?
What are the side effects of the vaccine?
Are there long-term effects from the vaccine?
According to the CDC and FDA, the approved vaccines have met the required outcomes after stringent testing and research. There is no evidence that indicates the COVID-19 vaccines cause long-term negative effects.
- Monument Health: https://monument.health/covid-19-south-dakota/covid-19-vaccine/
- Avera Health: https://www.avera.org/services/primary-care/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine/
- Sanford Health: https://www.sanfordhealth.org/conditions-diseases/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/vaccine
- Mobridge Regional Hospital and Clinics: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/mrhcCOVIDvaccine2021
- Prairie Lakes Healthcare System: https://www.prairielakes.com/coronavirus-news-and-announcements/covid-vaccine-information-8507.html
More information on COVID-19 in South Dakota can be found here: https://doh.sd.gov/COVID/Dashboard.aspx