During these uncertain times, Horizon Health Care clinics are taking necessary safety precautions by applying new restrictions for visitors. With these new guidelines, we’re taking every step to protect our patients from being exposed to coronavirus in South Dakota.
Get COVID-19 safety resources here to help keep yourself, your family, and your community healthy.
Precautionary Measures at Horizon Health Care
Effective immediately, Horizon Health Care has implemented the following precautionary measures at our clinics as a result of COVID-19 until further notice:
- Walk-in appointments are no longer being accepted.
- All patients are being screened for symptoms of COVID-19 in addition to their travel history prior to being scheduled and again when being seen for an appointment.
- Once patients arrive at the clinic for an appointment, there will be a sign on the door with the clinic’s phone number – you MUST call the clinic prior to entering and a staff member will come outside to conduct screening.
- Temperatures will be taken of all patients and employees prior to entering the clinic.
- Extra visitors with patients at appointments will not be allowed, unless the patient is a minor or needs assistance. In these cases, patients will be allowed only one visitor who will also go through the required screening.
- Waiting rooms and other public spaces are being disinfected frequently throughout the day. Magazines, toys, and other items have been removed from the waiting room to discourage virus transmission.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but need to take necessary action to protect our employees and patients as much as possible. We appreciate your patience and continued trust in Horizon Health Care and our clinic teams during this difficult time.
Dental Clinics Open for Emergency Care Only
Our medical clinics are open for their normally scheduled hours. However, our dental clinics are only open for emergency care for the next three weeks.
A dental emergency is considered pain, swelling, bleeding, or an urgent dental need that requires immediate attention.
Please Call First Before Visiting a Clinic
Walk-in appointments are no longer being accepted during this time. Please call your local Horizon clinic to book an appointment in advance. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please tell us over the phone and our clinic staff will work to review your symptoms and recommend next steps.
If you have a planned appointment with Horizon Health Care and you don’t feel comfortable coming in, please call us and we will accommodate.
Find your nearest Horizon Health Care location.