Horizon Health Care, Inc. (Horizon) today announces the appointment of Christina Konechne to the role of Director of Operations. Having experienced significant growth in the past year, the network of community health centers hired Konechne for primary oversight of all areas of the medical health center operations, including assuring the successful flow of patient care, as well as developing, reviewing, analyzing and controlling the medical facilities budgets. She will also be charged with the management of programs and support staff plus development of new service opportunities for the rural, community-based network that provides affordable, high-quality primary healthcare throughout 18 medical and dental clinics in South Dakota.
“I am extremely excited to have Christina join Horizon’s leadership team, where we will benefit immensely from her experience,” said Jeff Mengenhausen, COO of Horizon. “More than ever, Horizon’s growth opportunities abound as a result of our effective delivery and support of community health care services. Christina’s leadership will help ensure we harness this potential and fully realize the opportunities before us.”
Konechne most recently served as the Executive Director at Golden Living, where she lead and directed the overall operations of the facility in accordance with customer needs, government regulations and Company policies. Other experience includes being the Social Services Director, developing social histories, social assessments and care plans for each individual within her facility to help reach and maintain the facility’s business objectives.
With a Masters in Health Care Administration, a Graduate Certificate in Long Term Care Management, long-term care employment and health care employment, Konechne is well suited for her responsibilities at Horizon, including:
- Monitor day-to-day clinical operations, development, management and oversight of all clinic sites assigned.
- Ensures provision of safe, high quality patient care by the clinic staff and that all functional areas are effective, efficient and monitored for continuous improvement to meet the changing needs.
- Create and implement goals for clinics and ensure that these goals are in line with organizational goals and objectives.
- Leads review and implementation of industry best practices.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of all organizational information.
- Compose, prepare, and review memorandums, correspondence, reports, public notices and documents as assigned; complete various forms; prepare and distribute reports for review and use; prepare and maintain a variety of forms used by an assigned department.
- Prepare materials and correspondence for distribution internally and for other related external businesses and governmental agencies.
- Oversee daily clinical operations, hold staff meetings and inform staff of organizational information and change.
- Monitor and assist in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring process for clinical support and provider level staff to ensure clinics are properly staffed
- Assist in developing goals and objectives for the department’s function; evaluate policies and procedures; implement new policies and procedures.
A South Dakota Native originally from Brookings, Konechne currently resides right outside of Madison, SD on an acreage with her husband, Marty Konechne and 7 month old son, Oliver Joseph. In her spare time, she enjoys being outside, cooking, and spending time with her family and friends.