506 S Wilson Street
Aberdeen, SD 57401
Phone: (605) 725-3900
Mon: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tues: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thurs: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
During clinic hours call 605.725.3900. Outside of clinic hours call or go to Avera St Luke’s Hospital (605.622.5000); Sanford Aberdeen Medical Center (605.626.4200), or call 911.
- Family Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Behavioral Health Services,
- Newborn and Pediatric Medicine
- Prenatal and Postpartum Care
- Preventive Care
- Telemedicine Services Available
- Same Day Appointments Available
- Lab Services
About Aberdeen Community Health Center
In January 2014, Horizon opened a new medical clinic, Aberdeen Community Health Center in Aberdeen. In May 2016, the clinic moved to a newly renovated site and added a second provider to their care team. The clinic is now located at 506 S. Wilson Street, just off of 6th Avenue. Providers and staff at Aberdeen Community Health Center provide patients with a broad range of health services to meet the needs of individuals and families in their community.
Aberdeen Community Health Center provides women’s health care, mental health care services, lab services, diabetes care, family health care, pediatrics, physicals, DOT physicals, OB/Prenatal care, and assistance and counseling with the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Community Health Center also offers free sports physicals for student’s grades 6-12.
Horizon also offers behavioral health services for individuals, groups and families at all of our community health centers through telemedicine and local partnerships, such as Northeast Mental Health Center (NEMHC) in Aberdeen. Through telemedicine, Horizon is able to decrease their patient’s expenses and family stress by reducing travel time and costs. It also increases our patient’s access to a wide variety of health care services and specialties – all without having to leave the comfort of their own community.
Aberdeen Community Health Center accepts all insurance types and offers reduced prices on office visits and all other services provided in the clinic to all individuals and families who qualify through the Sliding Fee Program.
|Leah Bennett, PA-C
|Catherine D. Friesen, CNP
- With a city population of over 26,000, Aberdeen is the third largest city in the state and provides ample opportunity for you and your family, whether you are just visiting or are a resident of this great community.
- Host to many cultural events and community activities, Aberdeen is home to three golf courses, multiple outdoor skating rinks and hockey rinks, two disc golf courses and Family Aquatic Center.
- If you are looking for more fun for the family, make sure to stop by Wylie Park! With more than 210 acres of grassland, a myriad of recreational opportunities are available, including camping, picnicking, playground areas, swimming beach, miniature golf, softball, volleyball, horseshoes and miles of rambling recreational trails.
- Just over the rainbow in Wylie Park, you’ll find Aberdeen’s magical theme park, Storybook Land. Follow the Yellow Brick Road to a land of enchantment which includes more than 65 larger-than-life nursery rhyme themed exhibits. The park contains a castle, as well as a train that takes visitors through the park. There are two barns which contain petting zoos. Newly added is the Land of Oz, which features characters and attractions from L. Frank Baum’s “Wizard of Oz”. Baum was a resident of Aberdeen in the 1880s, but left after the failure of the newspaper he was editing.